Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chevrons! Nail Vinyls VS. Scotch Tape


Hello all! Today I am reviewing Nail Vinyl's! You can buy these cute nail decals from the Nail Vinly website, although she is sold out right now since they're in such high demand! :) Anyway I purchased 300 regular chevrons and they are cute as a button. You can place them on your nails or paint over them to achieve the chevron look on your nails.
I used to use craft scissors to make chevrons, but they never made the triangle portion "pointy". The scissors cut dull in the scotch tape and still made a chevron shape, but it was more curvy. In this tutorial I'm going to show you how to make a chevron with both tape and the nail vinyl's also to show you the difference. This tutorial is not perfect, the lines are messy - I just did this so you'd get the idea. ♥


Collect your materials. You'll need:
- Nail Vinlys
- Chevron craft scissors
- Base and Top coat
- Scotch tape
- Acetone and clean up brush
- Black and white polish (for monochrome look)


STEP 1
- Apply your favorite base coat.



STEP 2
- Apply your base color. I used a one coat of a white polish and cleaned up around the edges. Apply fast dry top coat so that it can dry completely and quickly. If your polish is still wet and you apply vinyl/tape it will ruin your design.



STEP 3
- While I waited for my nails to dry I took my craft scissors and cut three little strips for the comparison. Then gathered my nail vinyls.





As you can see there is a distinct difference in the methods. The nail vinyl is completely pointy and very sticky. It's much better than the scotch tape I was using. It's wavy like, and semi-sticky.



STEP 4
- After my nails completely dried, I applied the vinyls and tape to my middle and ring finger.



STEP 5
- Paint one coat of black polish over the nail.


STEP 6
- Remove the vinlys and tape from your nails slowly while the PAINT IS STILL WET. I had a lot of problem with that. My Black Onxy by OPI was wayyy too thick and it made the polish stick to the vinyls and cause stringys. After some thinner I got the hang of it and removing it while the paint is wet is so crucial. If the paint it dry it will keep the stickers and tape stuck to your nail.





STEP 7 
- Add your favorite top coat and you're done! (I forgot cuticle oil in these pictures) 




Overall, I love the nail vinyls and when they restock I will be buying more chevrons and also lightning bolts for a different design. They're very helpful and who doesn't love a chevron to complete a manicure? ♥




 photo signatureaskjsbdhgkjxfbh.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment