Sunday, January 19, 2014

Matte Black with Roses!

This post is long overdue, but my desktop computer has a potential virus and kept restarting while I uploaded pictures to my blog. I have about three more posts to work on but it takes so long to do on my iPad. :\ Oh well, anyway! This will be a tutorial for the manicure I did a while ago on Instagram. Also let me say this: I reached over 350 followers on Instagram, received two features, and I got over 100 likes on a couple of my pictures! These milestones make me so proud of myself and my hard work. I love what I do, and it's amazing how far I've come. From having crusty nubs, to beautiful nails - learning from wonderful role models on IG, etc. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the support. ♥



First gather your materials! You'll need:
- Your favorite base and fast dry top coat 
- Matte top coat
- Base color (black)
- Light & dark blue (or whatever color) and a white polish
- Clean up brush
- Medium Dotting tool
- Small detail brush
- Acetone 
- Cuticle oil (optional)


STEP 1
- Make sure your nails are clean of oil and lotions and apply your favorite base coat. 


STEP 2 
- Apply one (or two) coats of your base color to your nail. Pictured is one coat of OPI Black Onyx. Clean up around nail and cuticle if need be. 




STEP 3 
- Take the medium side of your dotting tool, and make five dots for the flower with the darker blue polish. I used Sally Hansen Pacific Blue. Put as many flowers as you'd like, big or small. 




STEP 4
- Take your detail brush (I got mine from Winstonia on Amazon) and make tiny "C" shapes in your flowers. Also outline the outside petals with the lighter blue polish. I used China Glaze Bahamian Escape. 




STEP 5
- Take the white polish and outline the lighter blue polish to kind of highlight the rose. Add as much as you'd like. 




STEP 6
- Add a quick dry top coat. I used Seche Vite because I needed a coat and ran out of HK Girl.
(Optional: add green leaves to your roses) 


STEP 7
- Add your matte top coat. OPI Matte Top Coat smears so terribly, so using a topcoat before reduces smearing. Once dry you have a beautiful manicure! 







End result! A beautiful manicure that is as easy as it looks.

The OPI matte topcoat is so nice and I love it. Without a topcoat underneath, you'll have potential major streaking of your nail art. I learned that wonderful trick from Sabrina (@sabrinasnails) on Instagram! Using a matte topcoat is really life changing ahaha, you just want to mattify everything. Hope you guys enjoyed my blog post!

 photo signatureaskjsbdhgkjxfbh.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment