Thursday, January 9, 2014

Stamping!

Happy Thursday again! This is a stamping tutorial to follow up with my post on Instagram tonight! This is really my first time stamping. I had so much trouble with the Konad stamper but I have found salvation! I bought a sticky stamper from Winstonia that I got on Amazon. It literally picks up alot of polishes and especially Konad stamping polish. It's amazing! Anyway this is my quick tutorial for anyone wondering how I did my mani tonight. It's not the best because of course, I need more practice but I am proud! 



List of things you'll need:
- Acetone and brush for clean up 
- Stamper and scraper
- Stamping plate with design of choice
- Base coat and top coat
- Base color
- Stamping polish or any polish/color you'd like to use!
- And maybe a napkin underneath to catch the mess. 



STEP 1: Make sure your stamper is clean of any old polish and for this stamper, any lint! It literally is sticky. You can use a lint roller or a piece of tape to get any lint. 



STEP 2: Apply base coat.


STEP 3: Apply base color. 


STEP 4: This is when you want to start working quickly but carefully. Apply the polish to the desired image. 


STEP 5: Get your scraper ready 


STEP 6: Scrape your polish off and on to the napkin. (See where it may get messy :]) 


STEP 7: Roll your stamper gently on to the image. See how flawless it picked up that image! This stamper is literally the shiz! 


STEP 8: Using the same gentle rolling motion you used to pick up the image, gently roll it on your nail after you have aligned it with your nail. (I'm sorta of off but it's okay) (Also my cuticle is so ashy from acetone I used to clean up the white) lmao. 


STEP 9: Clean off your stamper again with a lint roller or like I used tape. I haven't used acetone on it because I'm scared it'll take away the sticky-ness, but if you're brave then go for it! 


STEP 10: Add topcoat (and in my case some cuticle oil) and BOOM! Gorgeous manicure in no time. 


Stamping is truly amazing. I thought it would be much harder but with that sticky stamper it is literally my new favorite thing to do. I love it to pieces and I'm buying tons of new plates and stamping polishes from Amazon to play with. Hope you guys enjoyed my post! 

 photo signatureaskjsbdhgkjxfbh.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love the look! Instead of rolling your stamper, try putting it face up and squishing your nail on to it. I hope that makes sense the way I worded it. It makes it so much easier for alignment as opposed to rolling. That's where the squishyness realllyyy comes in handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's literally the smartest thing I've ever heard! hahahah, why didn't I think of that? I'll definitely try that next time because I was seriously off on this tutorial, haha. Thanks girl!

      Delete