Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mani Swap with Rei! ♥

Rei, (@reinovate) is one of my greatest nail besties! She is so talented and so funny, I swear. She's one of the nicest people I have met on IG. Anyway, we have been planning to do a mani swap/twin nails for FOREVER. This is just the first to come! ♥ No more talking time for pictures. 

You can see her blog post on these nails: here.

Rei re-created my mermaid nails on Instagram, and from my blog post which you can see here. But this time we switched up the glitter! We used China Glaze Glistening Snow for the holo silver glitter, and we used plate Mash-39 to stamp the scales on the gradient. We stamped with a silver holo polish, I used Color Club Kismet. ♥






Below I have Rei's splatter mani that I recreated! 



Let me just say this. This was my first time doing splatter nails and:
1. I think I used straw that was too big. 
2. I think I blew way too hard.
So that was the mess I had to clean up. LMAO. 


But overall they came out wonderful, I even tried to copy her signature pose.


I used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for the base.
OPI Strawberry Margarita for the darker pink
OPI Pink Friday for the light pink
OPI Glitzerland for the gold
& Zoya Pixie Dust in Tomoko for the gold on my thumb.





Rei is so great, she is truly my nail bestie and these were fun to do. She's gonna show me some of her stamping techniques so we shall do more stamping in the future. Also I want to say congrats to her for getting 2,000 followers on IG! ♥♥
Hope you guys like our nails! 

Follow her blog! Reinovate! ♥

 photo signatureaskjsbdhgkjxfbh.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Lauren. I am dying at your splatter pic HAHAHAH maybe you did blow a little too hard! But it came out even better than mine so you did something right! So glad we became friends and I look forward to more manis with you in the future <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmaooo, the worst part is it was starting to dry while I was cleaning up. So those blobs were awful. & No wayyy, they are not better than yours! Yours are dainty and have the right amount of splatter. We were destined to be friends girlllll! :)<3

      Delete